Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Home on the Range #9


Home on the Range #9
6x6"
Mixed Media on Board
Painting #168 - I was so disappointed!!!! I spent many hours painting this tractor. I really wanted to finish it for my spring show. It was two days before the show when I applied my resin. To my horror, something went wrong and it turned bumpy and as hard as rock very quickly. I spent one hour the next morning sanding the resin and then reapplied another coat. All looked good. Eight hours later I picked up my painting, admiring the shiny coat until it began to drip off the painting and down my hands. Again, I must have done something wrong. The painting is ruined as I am not able to remove the sticky coat that lies ALL OVER this painting ... thus, its off to painting heaven! So long little red one ....

No comments:

Post a Comment